General care instructions (applicable to all pillows we carry):
- To keep the pillow clean, cover it with a pillowcase
- If your pillow has a built-in organic cotton canvas cover that can be removed, then wash cover (not pillow) in lukewarm water and hang to dry.
- Air pillow seasonally (ensure its in indirect sunlight)
- To eliminate odours, sprinkle it with baking soda
- To increase pillow loft, put the pillow in the dryer with two new tennis balls. Set the Dryer to air or coolest setting possible. Start with 10 minute cycle.
|Instructions specific to the type of material contained within the pillow||Care Instructions|
|Natural Wool||Do not wash. Spot Clean as needed.|
|Natural Rubber Foam Latex - Solid or Contour||Core is not washable - Do not wash. Spot Clean as needed.|
|Natural Rubber Foam Latex - Shredded||Both shredded core and cover can be washed. Hang to dry|
|Organic Cotton||Do not wash. Spot Clean as needed.|
Do not wash. Spot Clean as needed.
Kapok can clump up but generally does not. If it does, it's easy to fix the problem - All you have to do is open the zipper and separate clumps by hand. Then to fluff up the pillow, put it in the dryer for 20 minutes on hot and shake it out after that. You may need to repeat this in the future if the kapok clumps together again.
|Buckwheat||Do not wash. Spot Clean as needed.|
|PLA||Every washer and dryer are different, but if the instructions are followed, both shredded core and cover are washable. We recommend fluffing it a few times manually to help distribute the filling and insure more even drying during the dryer cycle. |
Else lumps are likely as a result if you're not getting the pillow thoroughly dry. Hang to dry.